Monday, January 28, 2013

THE ANNIVERSARY 1932


                                                                                                                                                                                    THE ANNIVERSARY 1932

 

     This is another love story, another spouse remembering a departed spouse, exactly like
 
the couple on the motorcycle except no bike, no heroin, and it takes place in Ogden,
 
Utah.
 
     After my mother died on Aug 30 2001 my dad made sure we marked each anniversary. .
 
At first, my brothers and sister and I would travel hours to get home, but eventually we got
 
to the point where just one or two of us would make it back to go to Sacrement Meeting 
 
 with him and spend the day together.   

     The great love of his life, the man who broke up with her right before her college
 
graduation, only to return two years later claiming he’d traveled the world and hadn’t found
 
anyone to compare with her, remained a daily presence in her life.  He spoke about her so
 
alive that people were sometimes surprised to learn that she was not. He took over the
 
garden she’d planted and made  her own. 

     When the 10 anniversary of her death approached, my dad began talking about it and  

planning for it weeks in advance. The date on his kitchen calendar was circled and marked
 
R.I.P. Of course he wanted all of us there but settled for my brother coming the day of and
 
my sister and me the following weekend. 

      The day before the anniversary he went to morning Sacrement Meeting and walked
 
downtown for lunch with friends, and later told my sister on the phone that my mom still
 
felt so close that as he was walking back home , he heard some yell and thought, Oh, there’s
 
“Precious.” 

     That evening he went out of water flowers, just as my mother, 10 years prior, had gone
 
out to do garden to pick vegetables before she died. A neighbor heard the tin watering can
 
clank onto the cement as he feel and hit his head. My dad died within hours, on Aug, 30
 
2012, the 10th anniversary. He needed to mark that anniversary, he wanted us all home and
 
my dad had waited long enough.

 

DR KARL WALLACE DDS

To read more Dr. Wallace DDS stories go to:        karlwallaceblog.blogspot.com

US GRANT - Partial First Edition

I've pulled together some of my most popular content into a book. Here's a first look for all my followers:

US Grant - Chapters 1-3


Popular Posts

Ogden Skydive and Leadville Trail Information

Check out my sons web site
Check out my other sons web site

Go Home

Followers