Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Eating Left Overs on a New Year’s Night

                

     Eating Left Overs on a New Year’s Night


Taw’s a New Year’s night but I just couldn’t sleep,
 I tried counting backwards, I tried counting sheep.
The leftovers beckoned, the deserts and horsd’ouevres
 I fought the temptation, with all of my might.
Tossing and turning with anticipation that night.

The thought of a snack became infatuation.
So I raced to the kitchen, flung open the door
I gazed in the fridge full of goodies galore.
I gobbled up turkey, potatoes, beans and more, T
The cranberries were dripping down my chin.

Staining my night gound, as I ate some more,
 I chomped on dressing, gobbled down a fowl’s thigh,
 Dribbled a few grapes, devoured more pumpkin pie,
 Had another sandwich, gave my dog one as well,
Continuing on with more late-night desserts.

Suddenly! I felt myself swelling, so plump and so round.
Until all of a sudden, I rose off the ground
As I crashed through the ceiling, I screeched
Pass, the cranberries, the lobsters too,
My stomach was definitely letting me know.

When the stuffing is tasty, a gizzard is plump,
 Potatoes and gravy have nary a lump,
The yams delicious, go ahead and eat
All the tasty treats on any New Year's day,
But for goodness sake, Not After Nine PM!

To read more Karl Wallace poems go to:
                             karlwallaceblog.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

US GRANT - Partial First Edition

I've pulled together some of my most popular content into a book. Here's a first look for all my followers:

US Grant - Chapters 1-3


Popular Posts

Ogden Skydive and Leadville Trail Information

Check out my sons web site
Check out my other sons web site

Go Home

Followers