Sunday, July 8, 2012

A Human Skull


                                                               
                                                             My human skull:

            In the fall of 1969 I was accepted at Loyola University of Chicago, a private Catholic

school.  During the first week of registering and orientation I happened upon an ad in the

“American Journal of Dentistry” that offered a human a skull for dental anatomy. The

cost was 400, a lot of money in 1959. It turned out to be worth every cent. The individual
that was in the skull died in the Vietnam War, which was going on at that time.  It was
mailed to me out of the Philippines from Manila.

     The cost was $400. All the flesh had been removed and only a shellac skull with hinges

openings, liitle doors in to sinuses, springs for jaw movement, dowels to lift half of the brain

case.  The skull was perfect for I to practice giving shots, red and blue treads ran where
blood vessels would go, yellow was the main nerves. I used the skull through the next four
years of school. I would practice giving in shot, n, landmarks for dentures, studying for tests
 and so on.

        It is with a great relief that I am finally able to tell this story and get if off my chest as
the skull and the nice little box it came in are illegal to own.




US GRANT - Partial First Edition

I've pulled together some of my most popular content into a book. Here's a first look for all my followers:

US Grant - Chapters 1-3


Popular Posts

Ogden Skydive and Leadville Trail Information

Check out my sons web site
Check out my other sons web site

Go Home

Followers