Tuesday, July 3, 2012

fourth of July Poem


 The American Flag

You are so grand in every fold,

So linked with mighty deeds of old,

So steeped in blood where heroes fell

So torn and pierced by shot and shell,

So calm so still, so firm so true,

My throat swells at the sight of you

What of the men who lifted you, Old Flag

Upon the top of Bunker’s Hill,

Who crushed the Briton’s cruel will,

Mid shock and roar and crash and scream,

Who crossed the Delaware’s frozen stream,

Who starved, who fought, who bled, who died,

That you might float in glorious pride

Right nobly do you lead the way.

Your stars shine out for liberty,

Your white stripes stand for purity

Our crimson color courage high

For Honor’s sake to fight and die,

Lead on against the alien shore!

To be continued…

Author Karl Wallace

US GRANT - Partial First Edition

I've pulled together some of my most popular content into a book. Here's a first look for all my followers:

US Grant - Chapters 1-3


Popular Posts

Ogden Skydive and Leadville Trail Information

Check out my sons web site
Check out my other sons web site

Go Home

Followers