Monday, February 20, 2012

The last day of the Civil War-4th of July 1865

OUT OF THE EAST

Out of Richmond
At the break of dawn,
On a dusty road
Leading to Appomattox town,
A nurse on her stallion rode home.

Alog the way
They passed Southerners
Shot, bloated and dead.
Sprung from swift hooves
They go thundering by,

Leaving dust from the road
Rising into the sky,
Crafting a trail as a comet,
Shot from the mouths
Of a thousand cannons.

Rushing for home, faster and faster
The rebellion foreboding
For Southerners then and forever,
The Civil War,
Is finally over.

US GRANT - Partial First Edition

I've pulled together some of my most popular content into a book. Here's a first look for all my followers:

US Grant - Chapters 1-3


Popular Posts

Ogden Skydive and Leadville Trail Information

Check out my sons web site
Check out my other sons web site

Go Home

Followers